Tableau for Healthcare Professionals
Beginner and Intermediate Level
March 12-13, 2015 | Waltham, MA
MHDC Members: receive a 10% discount!
This two-day course is designed for the healthcare professional who works with data (regardless
of technical or analytical background), with a beginner to intermediate Tableau skill level. The
course will be delivered through lecture with demonstration, followed by extensive hands-on practice with specific healthcare case studies in Tableau-ready workbooks. Our course is designed to resonate with the healthcare professional using the language and data of healthcare.
This hands-on healthcare-centric training program integrates the best practices of data visualization as you learn how to build tables, graphs, charts and dashboards using Tableau software. Onsite training computers will be equipped with Tableau software, workbooks and healthcare datasets that have been selected to best demonstrate different visualization types.Learning Objectives
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Connect to data utilizing a variety of options
- Effectively navigate the Tableau workspace layout – components, shelves, data elements,
- and terminology
- Effectively build basic data reports using the following visualization types:
- Text Table
- Bar Graph
- Line Chart
- Area Chart
- Scatter Plot
- Table Lens
- Box and Whisker
- Small Multiples
- Bar / Line Variance
- Geographic Map
- Heat Map
- Bullet Graph
- Pareto Chart
- Use the sort, group, bin, hierarchy, set, and filter options effectively
- Create and utilize basic calculated fields, table calculations, and parameters
- Use Trend Lines, Reference Lines, and statistical techniques to describe the data
- Work with the many formatting options to fine tune the presentation of your visualizations
- Effectively use table joins and data blending
- Combine visualizations into Interactive Dashboards
- Describe options for sharing your visualizations with others
- Describe how to ensure the security of the healthcare data
- Course Instructor: Dan Benevento, our Principal and Senior Consultant, is Tableau-certified and a data visualization expert with a passion for using healthcare data to save the world. A black belt in the use and application of Tableau, Dan has collaborated with IT teams at leading companies and organizations nationwide to build databases and create hundreds of time-saving, high-impact reports and dashboards. His interactive perioperative dashboards and reports custom-designed for Directors of Surgery have streamlined medical procedures, lowered costs, and made patients safer.
In addition to Dan, Tableau instructors will be circulating the room to answer specific questions and provide individual attention as needed.
Questions: Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-663-5510 between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm EST.